[Zope3-Users] Buildout and defining build order

Darryl Cousins darryl at darrylcousins.net.nz
Thu Dec 20 18:46:09 EST 2007

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the reply.

On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 18:23 -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
> On Dec 20, 2007, at 6:07 PM, Darryl Cousins wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it possible to define in which order the parts are built.
>
> Yes, they are built in the order listed.

You must mean the order the sections are listed and not the order listed
in parts. I've tried playing with both orderings but when I start the
buildout it first runs through the develop eggs then starts on with ZODB
- and the custom python is not built.

> > This
> > relates to my previous post about custom python in the build. If I
> > could
> > ensure the custom python was built first would then eggs be compiled
> > using the custom python?
>
> Well, yes, sort of. I suspect the following thread is relevent:
>
>    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/distutils-sig/2007-November/008482.html

Yes this or a similar post was my starting point some months back. I
seemed to be all good but recently someone else has tested it and has
run into the 2 problems mentioned.

1. Eggs (eg ZODB) are byte-comiled with system python.
2. Couldn't get postgresql to build first so that psycopg2 finds those
header

> It's hard to say because your just showing snippets of your buildout.

I've attached buildout.cfg and dependencies.cfg (version.cfg) is a copy
of KGS.

Thank you for your time.
Darryl