[Zope3-Users] Buildout and custom python

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Fri Dec 21 09:28:42 EST 2007

Am Freitag, den 21.12.2007, 09:15 -0500 schrieb Benji York:
> Christian Theune wrote:
> > And you can mix-and match: have buildout profiles that use your personal
> > `good` Python for development and production profiles that build it
> > themselves. OTOH this is somewhat controversial regarding test what you
> > fly, fly what you test ... ;)
>
> As long as you also run your tests in production, it seems fine to me.

True. OTOH you really don't want your development environment to be far
off your production environment. Joel (Spolsky) wrote a good article
about leaking abstractions. It can be rather nasty to find a failing
test when wanting to put something into production. (Of course this is
way better than going in production and not seeing failing tests.)

Christian

--
gocept gmbh & co. kg - forsterstrasse 29 - 06112 halle (saale) - germany