[Zope3-Users] Applying permissions to users from LDAP

Alec Munro alecmunro at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 10:24:45 EST 2007

Hi List,

I've just succeeded in getting Zope authenticating against my LDAP
directory, using ldapadapter and ldappas. The directory itself is
brand new, and is currently only being used for Zope.
I am able to manually grant permissions to LDAP users, but I'm
wondering if there's a way to automatically grant an LDAP user certain
roles, depending on what groups he or she is in?

I imagine this could probably be done by extending ldappas, but it
seems like a common problem, so I thought it would be worth asking
here to see if anyone has any other ideas (or has already extended
ldappas themselves).

Thanks,

Alec Munro