[Zope3-Users] Can't find MessageIDFactory

Vinny vinny-mail-01+zope3users at palaceofretention.ca
Fri Feb 9 20:59:07 EST 2007

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 09:16:10 +1100
George Wright <georgewr at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Gidday zope3 users
>
> I have been working through the Weitershausen Zope3 book (first
> edition) and came to stuff on "Message IDs and translation domains.
> I can't import MessageIDFactory (page 125)!
>
>  >> from zope.i18nmessageid import MessageIDFactory
>
> Nor can I find any documentation on MessageIDFactory except of
> course what's in the book.
> Any ideas?

Hi George,

You'll need to use the newer boilerplate (I am running zope 3.3.0 FYI):

from zope.i18n import MessageFactory
_ = MessageFactory("translationdomain")

This can be found here:

http://kpug.zwiki.org/WhatIsNewInZope33

See section 7 Porting to Zope 3.3.0

There is other useful information on how to deal with
the other areas of the book which are slightly out of
date as well.

My thanks to the author, as a purchaser of the book, it
has been a great help in what has been an extremely steep
learning curve.  Any free upgrades to the second ed. if I
show my receipt? ;-)

Vinny