[Zope3-Users] Re: Can't find MessageIDFactory

George Wright georgewr at bigpond.net.au
Sun Feb 11 07:00:51 EST 2007

OnFri, 9 Feb 2007 20:59:07 -0500 Vinny wrote:

> Hi George,
>
> You'll need to use the newer boilerplate (I am running zope 3.3.0
> FYI):
>
> from zope.i18n import MessageFactory
> _ = MessageFactory("translationdomain")
>
> This can be found here:
>
> http://kpug.zwiki.org/WhatIsNewInZope33
>
> See section 7 Porting to Zope 3.3.0
>
> There is other useful information on how to deal with
> the other areas of the book which are slightly out of
> date as well.

Thanks Vinny
I used
from zope.i18n import MessageFactory
_ = MessageFactory("worldcookery")

as suggested and made a bit of progress. Yet to work out necessary
changes to the time_report.mapping['time_to_cook'] = 45
line - but working on it.

Have printed off a copy of What's New In Zope 3.3 as reference.
Fortunately my Melbourne bookshop who supplied First Edition just a
few weeks ago has agreed to replace it with 2nd ed when it arrives.

George Wright
http://users.bigpond.net.au/George.Wright/