[Zope3-Users] Infrastructure Requirements?

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Fri Feb 16 17:41:43 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Benji York" <benji at zope.com>

> Jonathan wrote:
>> From: "Benji York" <benji at zope.com>
>>> Four instances on a four core box works quite nicely. :)
>>
>> Do you mean "four instances on a box with 4 cpus" or "4 instances on a
>> box with 2 cpus, where each CPU has a dual core"?
>
> The latter, but it generally makes little difference.
>
>> ie. has anyone tried running 2 instances of zope on a dual-core cpu? If
>> so, how did it perform?
>
> I'm not sure what kind of answer you're looking for so here's the most
> useful one I can muster: very well.  :)

Thanks for the info!  What OS are you running on the dual-core cpus?

I hadn't heard anything about anyone running 2 instances of zope on a
dual-core cpu and was wondering if it was better to go with 2 cpus on a
single box, or run 2 instances of zope on a single dual-core cpu in a single
box.  It would be nice to set up both configurations and compare them
side-by-side, but unfortunately hardware just for playing with is scarce
around here ;-)

Jonathan