[Zope3-Users] problem trying to use layers in a custom skin

Shaar Gabriel gabi at shaargiora.co.il
Tue Feb 20 07:06:02 EST 2007

hi. (using zope 3.3.0)

i'm trying to make my own skin, using rotterdam as a basic layer, and adding
my own layer.

this is what i have so far :

the classes :

class jzclean(IBrowserRequest):
    """Layer for registering jzclean-specific resources."""

class JZClean(jzclean, rotterdam, IDefaultBrowserLayer):
    """The ``JZClean`` skin.

    It is available via ``++skin++JZClean``.
    """

configure.zcml :

	<interface
		interface=".JZClean"
		type="zope.publisher.interfaces.browser.IBrowserSkinType"
		name="JZClean"
		/>

	<browser:resource
		name="zope3_tablelayout.css"
		file="resources/zope3_tablelayout.css"
		layer=".jzclean"
		/>

and then i set the default skin to JZClean :

	<browser:defaultSkin name="JZClean" />

when i go to http://localhost:8080/@@/zope3_tablelayout.css i get the
rotterdam version. when i remove rotterdam from the layers, i get my version.
tried moving rotterdam and jzclean around in the inheritance list, but that
didn't help. could somebody give me a clue ?