[Zope3-Users] Question about IOrderedContainer interface

Thierry Florac thierry.florac at onf.fr
Tue Feb 27 08:36:04 EST 2007

Le lundi 26 février 2007 à 19:39 +0200, Marius Gedminas a écrit :
> On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 05:28:12PM +0100, Thierry Florac wrote:
> > I have a little question about the "IOrderedContainer" interface.
> >
> > Actually, this interface is derived from "IContainer", and only contains
> > a single method, "updateOrder()" which is an updating method.
> >
> > When I create a subclass of "OrderedContainer" for which I'd like only a
> > limited set of roles to have reordering permission,
> > So I can see only three ways to make this working :
> >  - wait for someone else to give me another solution, which wouldn't
> > need to modify Zope source code :-)
>
>     <require
>       interface="IReadContainer"
>       permission="zope.View" />
>     <require
>       interface="IWriteContainer"
>       permission="zope.ManageContent" />
>     <require
>       attributes="updateOrder"
>       permission="zope.ManageContent" />

I agree with you that I can use this workaround.
But is it really fine to define a "writing" interface as a sub-interface
of IReadContainer which, as said before, just need reading
permissions ??
Using "attributes" here in ZCML is only OK because we have a single
method in IOrderedContainer interface...

Thanks anyway,

  Thierry Florac
--
  Chef de projet intranet/internet
  Office National des Forêts - Département Informatique
  Mél : thierry.florac at onf.fr
  Tél. : +33 01.40.19.59.64
  Fax. : +33 01.40.19.59.85