[Zope3-Users] Name chooser and Renaming

David Johnson djohnson at jsatech.com
Wed Jan 10 06:03:14 EST 2007

Okay.  Since I didn't get a response I assumed no one else knew
either.  I figured out the following:
1. Since I have a custom container that is derived from IContainer,
it is already configured as a IContainerNamesContainer, and if I
override chooseName() and checkName(), I get the desired effect of
choosing my own names.
2. I did not adapt my container to IContainerNamesContainer, and so
Rename is now enabled.  This I do not understand, but it works.
3. I put a custom template in the browser:addform directive.  The
template was a copy of the zope.app.form.browser.add template, but I
edited out the "Object Name" field.

I have the desired effect. All seems to work very well.