[Zope3-Users] Re: selling zope to a CTO

David Johnson djohnson at jsatech.com
Fri Jan 12 08:19:56 EST 2007

I think the sell is going to be hard if the CTO wants to conform to a
world dominated by J2EE and .NEt projects.  One chooses Zope 3
because they are more concerned about productivity, quality, and
scalability.  There are trend followers and trend setters and I
believe Zope is going to be a part of the future.  Zope 3 is the best
technology I've seen since Linux.   At the same time, that there are
not any presentations sort of speaks for itself.  From my experience,
the Zope community is more interested in building quality technology
than selling it.  Sun and Microsoft push their technologies because
they make money.  Keep in mind that neither Sun, Microsoft, or Oracle
use J2EE for their core applications.  That should speak volumes.
The only compelling information I've seen revolves around Python
being roughly 5 times faster to develop in than Java, from an ROI
perspective.

We recently bought Microsoft .NET CRM solution only to can it in
favor a Zope solution.  It was quicker to create our own CRM from
scatch then to install the Microsoft product, and our product is more
robust.

I would be interested in anything you come up with our see, and I
would be glad to offer more on our experiences.

--
David