[Zope3-Users] Content cloning ?

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Tue Jan 16 07:27:11 EST 2007

On Jan 16, 2007, at 6:24 AM, Thierry Florac wrote:

> In fact, after looking at "zc.copy" package, I finally used the
> "original" zope.copypastemove package function to duplicate my content
> because it better feets my needs, without duplicating a set of
> informations as zc.copy does but just keeping a link on them.

For the record, the point of zc.copy is that you can specify what is
duplicated and what is linked.  The decision is hardcoded in the
zope.copypastemove code.  Both use the same basic mechanism.
Registering the adapters in zc.copy gives you the same behavior as
zope.copypastemove, but then you can add more behavior (e.g., don't
copy but link object X, reset counter y) for your copies.

> The last problem I still have is that some of the informations stored
> into object's annotations have to be indexed into a set of catalogs.
> While these informations are indexed correctly when annotations are
> created "by hand" in the "normal" way, it's not the case when
> content is
> duplicated "in a whole". Any idea ? Should I iterate over object
> annotations and check for ones that should contain indexable content ?

This isn't very clear to me, but if you fire the appropriate event
and you are using the default IKeyReference implementation then the
new copies should be indexed as different objects than the original,
as usual.

Gary