[Zope3-Users] ForbiddenAttribute error

Dennis Noordsij dennis.noordsij at movial.fi
Fri Jul 6 10:50:00 EDT 2007

>     <require
>         permission="zope.ManageContent"
>         set_schema=".interfaces.IFeed"
>       />
>     </class>
>

> Haven't I declared the getRawFeedData method by including it in the IFeed
> interface?
>
> Thanks!
>
> /Mikael M

Hi Mikael

Rest assured you have a permissions problem. (ForbiddenError)

For one thing, set_schema means that to set any attributes in that schema, you
need this permission. But your method getRawFeedData is not a settable
attribute, but a method.

Notice that when you assign write permissions to a container (for example),
you say

interface="zope.app.container.interfaces.IWriteContainer", and not
set_schema="..."

You need set_schema (or set_attributes) for the list attribute, but you need
interface (or attributes) for your getRawFeedData method, since you just want
to call it.

Add
<require
  permission="zope.ManageContent"
  attributes="getRawFeedData"
  />

and it should work. Might not be the "best" way though but I am sure more
knowledgable people will step in :)

Hope it gets you closer
Dennis