[Zope3-Users] Re: Introducing z3c.form - widget snippets

Marius Gedminas mgedmin at b4net.lt
Fri Jul 13 13:34:48 EDT 2007

On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 12:42:55PM -0400, Stephan Richter wrote:
> > So, in my snippet-way, it looks like that for every widget:

Too many slashes!  My brain is exploding.

> > And in the macro-style? Perhaps like that?

> This is overcomplicated. If I remember correctly, you can do:
>
> <tal:block define="widget view/widgets/mywidget">

Almost.  You need a nocall: there

  <tal:block define="widget nocall:view/widgets/mywidget">

It's the first time I see 'macro:' in TALES expressions.  Interesting.

> </tal:block>
>
> Also, if you do not like macros, you can register simple views to have:

> For me the cost of the snippet is too high:
>
> 1. It introduces a new pattern for cases that are well-covered otherwise.
> 2. It requires a new directive.
>
> But as I said before, you should publish your work and see how people like it.

FWIW I'm with Stephan on this one.  Too many new concepts.

Marius Gedminas
--
A computer without Windows 9x is like a fish without a bicycle.
                -- With apologies to Gloria Steinem