AW: [Zope3-Users] Re: AW: View or content provider

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Tue Jul 17 07:23:51 EDT 2007

Hi Daniel

This could happen if you update a project and remove a public view
called detail.html and register a "inline" view with the same
name whihc you liek to use for calling in ZPT. Just kidding.
I know this doesn't happen in a project, but are you realy sure.

What's the benefit to register views and call them in ZPT
like tal:content="structure context/@@foo_bar" ?

For beeing fair,
one benfit is probably the usage of memcached. Such views allows
you to easy cache them self, because they are traversable by it's
own url. But be carfully, probably they should get cached just
once from a unique url and not on different urls used in each view.

> Using ordinary views for parts of a HTML page works perfectly for me.

Of corse it's possible to do that, but this doesn't mean it's a good
concept in every usecase.

My note on that topic should not say "don't use it", it should only make
people think about the options we have in z3 and point on some side effects?

Regards
Roger Ineichen