[Zope3-Users] Re: View or content provider

Daniel Nouri daniel.nouri at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 14:28:20 EDT 2007

Hi Roger!

Roger Ineichen wrote:
> If you like a explicit pattern, then calling views in ZPT is
> fine. On the other hand, if you use a viewlet manager,
> the manager can implement conditions and show based on
> rules e.g. session state or login status more or less
> viewlets.
>
> I think best reason to use viewlet is, if you need a
> very flexible conditional concept.

plone.portlets introduces some two dozen (!) interfaces/concepts on top of
viewlets in order to implement the flexibility that it needs.  E.g. it
introduces an 'available' method/property that controls visibility, which
viewlets by themselves lack.  I imagine I could do this with less overhead
without viewlets (see my other mail), or IOW: viewlets don't seem inherently
flexible to me.

Regards,
Daniel