[Zope3-Users] Re: AW: Re: Using svn checkout with zc packages

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Jul 25 19:19:28 EDT 2007

Roger Ineichen wrote:
> Buildout is experimental and only supported for linux and mac users.

Buildout may be beta, but I'd say it's far from being experimental.
Also, it works quite nicely on Windows. The only problem you may have is
that the stuff you want to install doesn't work on Windows (e.g.
zdaemon) or there are no pre-built Windows eggs (yet). This isn't
buildout's fault, though.

> And you could get a lot of work if you use 3-rd party dependencies
> and there are no eggs available.

How is this a problem with Zope? Which 3rd party dependencies are
specifically a problem?