[Zope3-Users] Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Using svn checkout with zcpackages

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Jul 26 15:33:08 EDT 2007

Roger Ineichen wrote:
>> To the buildout on Windows issue in general:
>>  From what I hear ploneout seems to work on Windows these
>> days thanks to Hanno's efforts on this. Didn't he also work
>> with Jim on this after the DZUG meeting in Potsdam?
>> Am I missing something or what's wrong?
>
> Seems not, there is no support in zc.builout for windows right now.

Huh? That's certainly not true. zc.buildout works perfectly on Windows.
What is it that isn't working for you?

> Hanko or others pointed me to the Plone implementation source.
> But I think installing a win service is not the only thing to
> do. I guess there should be a simple start script in developer
> mode. But is there a developer mode or does it depend only
> on the recipe etc.? There are to many questions to me right now
> for adding the right concept supporting windows.
>
> I hope I'll find time to catch this up again in the next two weeks
> and speak with Jim and Hanko about how this should work.

zopeproject lets you install and run Zope 3 application on Windows
easily. It also provides you with a simple startup script:

   $ bin/paster serve deploy.ini

Daemon support isn't available, though, but I'm planning to add that.