[Zope3-Users] Re: Using svn checkout with zc packages

Tom Dossis td at yoma.com.au
Sun Jul 29 17:27:48 EDT 2007

> P.S.: I can't recommend easy_install because that will install eggs
> into the global site-packages location (which is rarely a good idea
> when you're deploying Zope). Unless of course you use workingenv or
> virtual python.

You can configure the easy_install target location(s) easily enough:

http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall#configuration-files
http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall#custom-
installation-locations
http://docs.python.org/inst/config-syntax.html

For example I use the file ~/.pydistutils.cfg to install all eggs to
my 'personal' location:
(see: http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall#mac-os-x-
user-installation).

[install]
install_lib = ~/Library/Python/$py_version_short/site-packages
install_scripts = ~/bin

Are there shortcomings using these options?