[Zope3-Users] catalog of objects' states (hurry.workflow)

Alek Kowalczyk thealx at poczta.onet.pl
Tue Jul 31 07:58:18 EDT 2007

Hello again,
I have a rather big tree of MyObjects. MyObjects are adaptable to
hurry.workflow's IWorklowState. Now I'd like to create a catalog to index all
MyObjects by their current states. How to do that?

An option might be(?) to add to MyObject property like that:
@property
def currentState(self): return IWorkflowState(self).getState()
and index this property.
But I'm not sure whether it is elegant solution, as it requires the object to
know that it has workflow and (too) strong link between object and adapter.

I'll appreciate any suggestions how to index workflow states cleanly and not in
too complictated way...
Regards!