[Zope3-Users] Re: Default value for an interface attribute

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Thu Mar 1 13:11:17 EST 2007

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 01.03.2007, 16:54 +0100 schrieb Maciej Wisniowski:
> > How about checking whether the value of 'default' is a
> > callable and if so call it to obtain the default value.
> Yup... but evaluation of this is done internally by Zope schema
> package in Field class I think. Seems for me that there is no way
> to define 'default' as callable.

Right. This is an unsupported use case. I bet if someone writes up a
proposal and brings it up to discussion on zope3-dev at zope.org we'll find
a common solution to this.

Please also notice that we're moving to using launchpad more heavily. So
if you write a proposal in the wiki, please also submit it as a feature
request (blue print) in launchpad for the Zope 3 product.

Christian