[Zope3-Users] correct display of Text field in a view

Ivan Horvath i.horvath at alco.co.hu
Wed Mar 14 04:30:19 EDT 2007

Darryl, Frank,

thank you your answers, but finally i keep the widget solution
instead of TextAreaWidget i inherited my widget from DisplayWidget, and
of course used your replace solution.

class IMultiLineText(IText):
    """this field will be used for the comment because of the correct
display of html tags"""

    pass

class MultiLineText(Text):
    """the field implementation"""
    implements(IMultiLineText)

class MultiLineTextWidget(DisplayWidget):
    """the widget to display the description"""

    def __call__(self):
        return super(MultiLineTextWidget,
self).__call__().replace("\n","<br \>")

--

Best Regards,

Iván Horváth
Chief Programmer

/Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new./

/

/Albert Einstein/

/