[Zope3-Users] Community opinion about search+filter

Adam Groszer agroszer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 07:58:59 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'd like to ask your opinion, your experiences about searching and
filtering in quite large object DBs.
We need to add search and filter functions to our current app, where
the user might be able to create quite _sophisticated_ filter criterias.
(The app is a pure Z3 app, subject is document management)

Currently we're looking at something based on catalog/indexes.
As I checked the most comfortable solution would be based on
hurry.query.
Some questions arose:
- Is it necessary/worth adding indexes on all attributes?
- How does the index perform on modification and retrieval?

The biggest problem is that this will be our first try, so we're
missing experiences and are a bit puzzled about the right solution.
Certain is that moving to RDB is not an option.

Thanks,

--
Best regards,
 Adam                          mailto:agroszer at gmail.com