[Zope3-Users] Re: Is DTML Deprecated In Zope3?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Mar 21 02:56:28 EDT 2007

On 20 Mar 2007, at 21:27 , Jonathan wrote:
>> Mark, Jonathan (Integic) wrote:
>>> Phillip says in his book not to use DTML any more.
>> Where? I don't say that at all in the book. I mention DTML 4 (!)
>> times in my book and nowhere do I discourage the use of DTML.
>
> Web Component Development with Zope 3, Second Edition, page 106:
>
> "Note that DTML is not used for rendering HTML markup at all anymore."
>
> This sounds pretty "discouraging" to me.

It's a fact. Look at the Zope 3 source code or any Zope 3 project out
there. I haven't found this statement to be false so far. And that's
what it is: a statement, nothing more, nothing less.

Either way, DTML exists in Zope3, but not the way it existed in
Zope2. Would I personally recommend not using DTML for dynamic
markup? Sure, I think there are better tools.