[Zope3-Users] Re: Zope3-users Digest, Vol 31, Issue 23

George Wright georgewr at bigpond.net.au
Sat May 26 18:31:49 EDT 2007

On 26/05/2007, at 2:00 AM, zope3-users-request at zope.org wrote:

> To run the demos do the following::
>
>   $ svn co svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/z3c.formdemo/trunk formdemo
>   $ cd formdemo
>   $ python bootstrap.py
>   $ ./bin/buildout
>   $ ./bin/demo fg
>
> Now you can access the demo under:
>
>   http://localhost:8080/
>
> Since this takes a while to build, you can read on while waiting
> for the demo
> to come up. :-)

Gidday
These are all questions originating from my limited experience with
zope3 and zero experience with development: ...
I did run the demos and was most impressed. During the download phase
all of the z3c and zc packages listed as includes in site.zcml had to
be downloaded as well as plenty of updates of my zope 3.3.0
installation. For example there were many many cycles like this:

zc.buildout.easy_install: Getting new distribution for zope.i18n
zc.buildout.easy_install: Got zope.i18n 3.4.0a1

Previously I had no zc, z3c packages installed.
How do I make these new or updated packages available via my regular
Zope 3 instances? Is that a legit thing to do?Is it just a matter of
including the demo in PYTHONPATH? How do you folks at the sharp end
of zope development tie in the old with the new?
I realise that I don't understand  the relationship between zc, z3c
and zope3?  Am I correct to assume that zc & z3c are packages under
development that will eventually migrate to zope 3 ? That zope 3.3.1
(which I don't have) might have included most of the new zope
distributions I downloaded as well as some others of the z3c kind
renamed to zope?? Is that the way it works?
Would appreciate enlightenment.

George Wright
http://users.bigpond.net.au/George.Wright/