[Zope3-Users] z3c.form 1.0.0 released!

Vinny vinny-mail-01+zope3users at palaceofretention.ca
Sun May 27 18:55:29 EDT 2007

Stephan Richter wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Roger and I are proud to announce the first release of the new form and widget
> framework ``z3c.form``! After years of talking about it, months of thinking
> about it and many weeks of implementation, we have finally completed it.

First of all, thanks for this, very kind of you to share
your hard work.

> For the curious and impatient ...
> ---------------------------------
>
> To run the demos do the following::
>
>   $ svn co svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/z3c.formdemo/trunk formdemo
>   $ cd formdemo
>   $ python bootstrap.py
>   $ ./bin/buildout
>   $ ./bin/demo fg

I did try the above, but it complained about needing a
newer setuptools than I had.  No big deal, I can update
that easily enough.

Before I go further though, does the above command set
install a full version of zope and if so, what version?

Do I need 3.4.0a1 to run this demo or can I use 3.3.0
or 3.3.1?  I'm running 3.3.0 but can upgrade to 3.3.1.

> Installation
> ------------
>
> All packages have been released in source and binary-egg format on PyPI and
> ``download.zope.org/distribution``. You can use setuptools to install
> them. Here is a list of all packages:
>
> * z3c.form
> * z3c.formui
> * z3c.formdemo
> * jquery.javascript
> * jquery.layer
> * jquery.widget

So, perhaps I can install those packages (in instance/lib/python)
and I should be good to go?

> Enjoy!
>
> Regards,
> Roger and Stephan