[Zope3-Users] Re: [Zope-dev] KGS Site Updated

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Mon Nov 19 16:45:52 EST 2007

On Monday 19 November 2007, Chris McDonough wrote:
> Now we just need to define what a "release"
> is ;-)

Yes, I thought about this a little bit this weekend and I would love to see
some discussion. For example, I do not think it will be necessary to create a
new release for every change in the KGS, but rather collect them. So for
example, once "3.4.0" is out, I set the version in controlled-packages.cfg
to "3.4.1dev". I leave it like that until we are ready for "3.4.1" and change
it then. Maybe just calling it "3.4dev" would be better and whenever we are
ready for a release, we create a controlled-packages.cfg file with that final
version number, such as "3.4.1" or "3.4.2".

All of this, of course, does not answer: What is a release? I simply do not
know, but I have a hunch that it will be defined by a timespan.