[Zope3-Users] Basic question about catalogs

Tobias Kräntzer misc at tobias-kraentzer.de
Sun Sep 2 17:03:47 EDT 2007

Hello everybody,

While figuring out catalogs in zope3 (3.3.1 on ubuntu 7.04), i ran into a
problem. I think it is just a basic configuration thing, but I could not find
what I'm doing wrong.

In "/++etc++site/default/" I have added an IntIds and an Catalog (Both
registered; without a name).

Then I have added an FiledIndex in the Catalog
for "zope.app.file.interfaces.IFile" with the attribute "contentType" marked
as callable.

After creating an file-object, the catalog still says in the advanced view,
that 0 items were found. I thought one item (the file) should be registered.

Am I missing an configurationdetail or somthing?

Help would be great.

Regards,
Tobias