[Zope3-Users] Re: Zope3 still not compatible with Python2.5

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Tue Sep 11 20:04:19 EDT 2007

This is a rather confusing post. I'm not sure what you're trying to say
with it.

Is Python 2.5 officially supported? No. We never said it was.

Does Zope 3.4 actually work on Python 2.5.1? Yes, it works just fine for
me and others. For example, Grok runs on Python 2.5.1 no problem [1].

Is this a platform issue? Maybe, but your post isn't giving *any* useful
information for tracking this down. All you're basically saying is that
you were "experimenting with several things all at once" and that that
was a bad idea. You certainly got that right.

I hope the rest isn't taken for FUD. I certainly encourage people to try
out Zope 3.4 on Python 2.5 and report any problems *properly* so that we
can chase down the bugs.

[1] http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/grok-dev/2007-September/002156.html