[Zope3-Users] Re: best way to get started nowadays?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sat Sep 22 13:13:48 EDT 2007

Chris Withers wrote:
> Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>>> I suspect even the 2nd edition of that is out of date w.r.t. current
>>> practice, hence why I'm asking on the list ;-)
>>
>> I don't think that's the case.
>
> I'm pretty sure the full move to eggs along with the introduction of
> buildout and the recipe-based stuff has happened since the book came out...

Yes, it has happened. That doesn't mean all 24 chapters are invalid now.
API-wise Zope 3.4 has very very little changes compared to Zope 3.3, so
the 2nd edition is still good. Just don't take the chapter on Installing
Zope for granted. My suggestion is to use zopeproject which I've tried
to document extensively: http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/zopeproject.