[Zope3-Users] retrieving zope.conf parameters and paths of buildout dirs

Bernd Dorn bernd.dorn at lovelysystems.com
Thu Apr 17 13:42:12 EDT 2008

On 17.04.2008, at 18:23, Christophe Combelles wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for reliable ways in my application code to retrieve the
> path of some directories or files in a zopeproject buildout.
>
> When I need to get a sample data file for tests in a package I'm
> just using join(dirname(package_name.__file__), 'sampledata') and
> that's ok.
>
> But how do I get the path of upper directories such as var, log or
> the blob-dir?
> Can I retrieve them from zope.conf?
> I'm not sure whether I should use zope.app.appsetup, ZConfig, or
> anything else.

you can use product config of zope conf like this

an example for use of productconfig is

http://svn.zope.org/z3c.extfile/trunk/src/z3c/extfile/README.txt?rev=82753&view=auto

http://svn.zope.org/z3c.extfile/trunk/src/z3c/extfile/utility.py?rev=83530&view=markup

if xou generate the zope.conf file with buildout you can also use
buildout paths