[Zope3-Users] Pure python packages for zope.component and zope.interface

Darryl Cousins darryl at darrylcousins.net.nz
Sat Apr 19 05:05:10 EDT 2008

[incorrect from header in initial]
> Hi,
>
> "The ZCA framework is developed as part of the Zope 3 project. As noted
earlier, it is a pure Python framework, so it can be used in any kind of
Python application." [1]

> I was hoping to try using ZCA for a googleappengine experiment. Using
Ian Bickings post [2] I set up a environment to install zca packages.

> zope.interface and zope.proxy both have .so files that aren't usable in
a gae project. (_zope_interface_coptimizations.so and
> _zope_proxy_proxy.so).
>
>>From the quote above and other mentions on the web I gather that there
> exist pure-python ZCA packages. Could someone point me to where to find
them?

Doing some *cleverer* googling:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope3/+bug/204027

Cheers Nicholas, I haven't tried the patch yet but that may get me going
with zope.interface. This is a recent post. 2008-03-19.

On zope.proxy, I found this:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.zope3/13706

Darryl.