[Zope3-Users] Pure python packages for zope.component and zope.interface

Darryl Cousins darryl at darrylcousins.net.nz
Sat Apr 19 05:06:14 EDT 2008

[Incorrect `from` header in initial]
> Hello Darryl,
>
> I think zope.interface will work without the C stuff, those are just
> optimizations. Actually it should work with jython already.
> zope.proxy might not be so simple to get working without C.

Thanks. You are right. Silly of me not to try one or the other. If I omit
`import zope.component`, `import zope.interface` works without error.

Otherwise with zope.component:

  File
"/opt/google_appengine/tfws/lib/python2.5/site-packages/zope.proxy-3.4.0-py2.5-linux-i686.egg/zope/proxy/__init__.py",
line 20, in <module>
    from zope.proxy._zope_proxy_proxy import *
ImportError: No module named _zope_proxy_proxy

Regards,
Darryl