[Zope3-Users] "raise Redir(newurl)" not working - can someone confirm this?

Hermann Himmelbauer dusty at qwer.tk
Sat Apr 19 06:20:11 EDT 2008

Hi,
In my application, namely for URL-Rewriting for session handling, I need to
stop the current request and redirect to another url (including the session
key).

For that reason, I issue the following statement:

from zope.publisher.interfaces import Redirect
raise Redirect('http://my.new.url')

Theoretically, this exception should be caught by the publisher and a redirect
should be done, unfortunately not in my case:

-------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/local/home/dusty/Zope-3.4.0c1/lib/python/zope/publisher/publish.py",
line 130, in publish
    obj = request.traverse(obj)
  File "/home/dusty/prog/zope3-inst/lib/python/my_app/session.py", line 72, in
getClientId
    raise Redirect(redir_url)
Redirect:
Location: /++session++VLdODjCYl90YmQwdNG6hvdiT11UZS3oly5kXonWYLHdGHloxvTshQs/favicon.ico
--------------

I don't know why this happens, *maybe* that's due to inclusion of some 3rd
party packages, e.g. z3c.layer.pagelet?

To confirm this, I'd like to know if this scenario is only happening for me,
so, can you please simply insert the above statement in some arbitrary view
and tell me if it works?

Best Regards,
Hermann

hermann at qwer.tk
GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7