[Zope3-Users] Versions policy for KGS

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Mon Apr 21 11:17:52 EDT 2008

Dan Korostelev a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> I guess this question have been raised before, but I can not find any
> info on this. What is the process/policy of version update for the zope
> 3.4 KGS (http://download.zope.org/zope3.4/). Does package maintainers
> should inform administrator about the update or there's some monitoring
> system?

The KGS list is maintained in the zope.release package. Updating it does not
update the online KGS index itself, the new list must be uploaded manually.

I am asking this, because there's some packages that needs to be
> updated for sure. I currently can remember just two, but I guess there's
> more:
>
>  - zope.app.locales - newer versions contains fixes/updates for Russian
> (fixes some ugly mistakes), Japanese and Spanish translations for 3.4.
>  - zc.recipe.filestorage - contains fix for blobstorage configuration
> problem. The version in KGS just produces wrong config snippet if you
> specify blob-dir option and so it's unusable.
>
> Currently, I just redefine versions for this packages in my buildout.cfg
> files, but I guess they should go in the KGS.

If I understand the KGS, I think that only bugfix versions, i.e. minor version
updates, can go to the current KGS. But the new minor version must be absolutely
sure to not contain any new feature. At least for 3.4.

Christophe