[Zope3-Users] unregister, delete and pack, still no gc?

Roy Mathew roy.mathew at keas.com
Tue Dec 23 02:35:22 EST 2008

Hi Folks,

I have either stumbled on a storage leak in the ZODB, or I am missing
something in my understanding of registration.

Briefly, if I add a folder to the ZODB, make it a site, then unregister it,
delete it and pack the ZODB, I see the ZODB increase in size.Each time I run
the tests, the ZODB keeps growing (by about 7KB). I restarted the ZODB to
see if it would help, but no!

Here are my exact steps:

1. add a Folder
2. make a the folder a site.
3. register the folder (unnamed utility of type ISite)
4. remove the registration from the "registrations" tab.
5. delete the folder.
6. pack the ZODB.

I have also attached a selenium test that performs all of this.