[Zope3-Users] newbie needs to glue zope-concepts together to create tree

dfgdfg dfg garzwah at gmx.net
Sat Feb 2 13:48:32 EST 2008

hi,

im new to zope, but i read the 2 books (not everything but very much). im developing a tree-like structure that i want to use throughout my project to store tag-information in it. every node should store some tags, that are extensible by the users by adding new tags as they tag their content they want to upload.

the intension of this tree is supporting the content tagging user with aleady used tags for this content.

i chose the tree structure because it has some context sensitive advantages for me.

the class-structure behind it is ready and now i dont know how to proceed with zope. what i need is a textfield, that is associated with some node of the tree. the textfield will use the ajax-script to display a dynamicly generated list of similar words as the user types in his letters. the words that can be similar should come from the node of some tree, that the textfield is associated with.

like when you type a url in the firefox browser it supports you with the urls that where already used.

and like in firefox, when you enter a new url, it is added to the already-used-urls-list, i need the same thing with my textfield. so this textfield is not an add-view or something, because it adds only when the tag is new to the database. the other times its just about selecting some tag and associate it with the content.

and in some cases, i want the textfield to only be a selectable one, where the user isnt allowed to add new tags to the database.

i dont know how to start. :( i read the 2 books up and down and search the internet sources for hints, but i dont get a clue for sure. i can see some ways, but i dont know if they are the right ones. i think i will have to implement a new schema, but then i will have to associate it with the right node-instance of the right tree... and then my imagination already stops. i just cant clue the pieces to a whole. if you could give me some hints i would really appreciate that.

just write me, make a schema, for parent class take this one, give it some attribute for the treenode, write a widget for it... maybe i will need an utility?? maybe i can or should use some of the utilities that come with the vocabulary? u see, i dont have a view on the thing as a whole, just pieces and i dont know how to glue them together.

greetings, garz