[Zope3-Users] Zope translation status

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Mon Feb 4 19:06:23 EST 2008

Hermann Himmelbauer a écrit :
> Am Montag, 4. Februar 2008 22:51 schrieb Christophe Combelles:
>> Below is the translation status of Zope 3.4.0c1,
>> as generated by the i18nstats tool.
>>
>> Is there anyone willing to update the translation for his/her language
>> before 3.4.0 final is (soon) released?
>
> Maybe I could do so for german (although there's only 0.3% missing) if you
> tell me how to do and where to start...

Just pick the zope.po file from here
http://svn.zope.org/zope.app.locales/trunk/
It's usually better to contact the last-translator (indicated as such in the po
file).
Then use your favorite CAT tool to translate (gtranslator, kbabel, poedit, etc.)
Then check that the po file can be formatted with no error with
msgfmt -c zope.po
Format it with   msgfmt zope.po -o zope.mo
and commit both (po and mo) files in the svn.
(msgfmt is a tool provided by gettext, as well as others like msgcmp, etc.)

You can run the tests of zope.app.locales but I'm not sure they are relevant to
the translations or with po file consistency. Actually it would be great to add
a test in zope.app.locales to check that 1) msgfmt -c is ok, and 2) the .mo file
corresponds to the .po file.

Christophe