[Zope3-Users] Zope eggification - impressions

Baiju M mbaiju at zeomega.com
Wed Feb 6 12:24:44 EST 2008

Jim Fulton wrote:

>  On Feb 5, 2008, at 9:49 AM, Hermann Himmelbauer wrote:
>
> > Hi, At first, thanks to the newest Zope-3.4.0c1 release. I just
> > installed it from the tarball and it seems to work.
> >
> > However, I'm still somehow technically overwhelmed by installing
> > Zope3 the egg-style way - maybe it's not that hard, but I can't
> > really find a good entry point to that topic. It would probably
> > also be a good thing to outline this at the zope.org website (btw.,
> >  the releases listed there are quite old).
> >
> > For a beginner like me, I'm confronted with a lot of technical (and
> >  complicated) things, where I don't know what I need or what to
> > choose (buildout, zopeproject, Egg, PyPi, SVN, grok, setuptools
> > etc.), so something like a "Howto install Zope3 the Egg-style way"
> > would be very, very handy.
>
>  +1

+1

In fact, I started an effort to document this, but I want more help
from this group.  I had announced two book projects to this list earlier.
The first one was a failure [1], but the second one I succeded with
help from you all [2].  I am going to re-start the first effort
again, I hope this time it will be a success :)

The new book, "Web Application Development Using Python and
Zope Components" will be available from here:
http://wadupaz.muthukadan.net/

I welcome all of you to join this effort here:
https://launchpad.net/wadupaz
You can create branches there (no need to become a member - just a
launchpad.net login would be enough)

 [1] http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/ZopeGuide
 [2] http://muthukadan.net/docs/zca.html

Regards,