[Zope3-Users] Re: Zope eggification - impressions

Kai Diefenbach usenet at diefenba.ch
Fri Feb 8 04:10:26 EST 2008

Hi,

Hermann Himmelbauer <dusty at qwer.tk> wrote:

> But I appreciate a lot that the zope.org website will be overhauled, giving
> Zope3 more focus

+100

> Btw., I very nice addition would be to point out applications people created
> with Zope3. The only ones I am aware of is "schooltool" and (I
> think) "lovelybooks", so for newcomers it's always great to see what can be
> done with the technology.

I've also started to dive into plain Zope 3 development (coming from
Plone) and I like it very much. But as you mentioned I also found it
somewhat hard to start. What I have found helpful so far is:

Code examples:
- http://svn.zope.org/z3c.formdemo/trunk/src/z3c/formdemo/
- http://svn.zope.org/grokapps/
- http://sourceforge.net/projects/z3ext/
- http://hivurt.wordpress.com/
- http://svn.zope.org/grokapps/

There is also some other imo helpful material:

General:
- http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/PythonEggs
- http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall
- http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/setuptools
- http://muthukadan.net/docs/zca.html

Zope 3:
- http://blog.gocept.com/categories/zope-3
- http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/Zope3Wiki
- http://docs.carduner.net/z3c-tutorial/
- http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zopeproject
- http://zope3.cbs.mpg.de/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Zope (only in german)

Grok:
- http://grok.zope.org/
- http://wiki.zope.org/grok/GrokWiki

Books:
- http://tinyurl.com/3cdlyp
  (BTW: I wasn't aware that there is a 3rd edition)
- http://tinyurl.com/2lahj6

Kai

--
iqplusplus - http://iqpp.de