[Zope3-Users] How to store objects with multiple owners in the ZODB

Hermann Himmelbauer dusty at qwer.tk
Tue Jan 8 13:25:20 EST 2008

Hi,
I have the following scenario here (somehow similar to hard links on a UNIX
system):

- Users should be able to create documents (then they are owners)
- Users may grant ownership of their document to other users
- Users may abandon their document (no owner)
- Documents, who have no owner, are deleted
- Users may list

My question is: How would I store these documents in the ZODB? If I create a
container object for each user and store the document there, how would then
other users get a "link" to their own folder? Moreover, what happens if the
original owner abandons the document?

If I have one huge container that holds all documents, how would then list
users their documents?

The other issue is how to set up permissions on these objects, would I e.g.
store the owners along with the object (e.g. as an object attribute)?

Best Regards,
Hermann

hermann at qwer.tk
GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7