[Zope3-Users] Re: zopeproject on windows XP

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Mon Jan 21 12:41:54 EST 2008

cato wrote:
> and decide to give it a try. I installed MinGW (I'm on Win XP) and the
> result follows. What lives me somewhat puzzled is the the path
>
> "c:\documents and
> settings\adriano\documenti\zope\altay_db_as_ftp\zope\tmppocqmz\zdaemon-2.0.1-py2.4.egg\zdaemon\zdctl.py"
>
> reported in the stacktrace, is NOT present in my sandbox ! "tmppocqmz"
> is not even there !

Right. That's because setuptools compiles eggs in a temporary directory.
That's why all compiles paths are completely wrong, making the debugging
of egg code a bit complicated.

> C:\Documents and Settings\adriano>cd "C:\Documents and
> Settings\adriano\Documenti\Zope\altay_db_as_ftp"
>
> C:\Documents and
> Settings\adriano\Documenti\Zope\altay_db_as_ftp>bin\altay_db_as_ftp-ctl.exe
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'AF_UNIX'

The problem is that zdaemon currently doesn't work on Windows due to the
fact that it's based on Unix sockets. I should find the time and update
the FOO-ctl script to also work on Windows. There's some code in Zope 2
that will allow me to do that. If anybody is interested to look at it
him/herself, I'm more than willing to accept patches *wink* ;).

The solution on Windows is to simply not use the FOO-ctl script.
Instead, use paster:

   bin\paster server deploy.ini