[Zope3-Users] z3c-form meta.zcml error

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Wed Jan 23 08:22:12 EST 2008

Nope, it's a distutils feature: http://docs.python.org/dist/manifest.html

> Is this new or just a windows feature?
>
> And why does the eggs work on my windows machine without any issue?

Did you release the egg from a SVN checkout, or a SVN export? I
haven't experimented with this, but that's my current hypothesis, that
setuptools behaves differently then; that or a dev egg has been
created in a buildout and the .egg-info dir contains more information.

> Note I just released like we did before, older tags do not contain
> such a MANIFEST.in file.

It's how I solved the same problem recently with the release of
collective.captcha; the upload to pypi didn't have anything but the
README.txt and the python code; other text files and zcml were
missing.

> Note my output looks like this and contains all *.zcml files etc.
> Also the zip or if I use --format=tar.gz contain the files.
> I guess they only get not extracted from the zip or tar.gz file.
>
> On my machine everyting is there and the eggs works like expected
> if the come form pypi ;-)

Perhaps there is something different going on then; as I stated, I saw
what appears to be the same problem and it was solved by including a
MANIFEST.in.

--
Martijn Pieters