[Zope3-Users] sqlalchemy and FieldProperty

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Sun Jan 27 13:03:11 EST 2008

On Friday 21 December 2007, Darryl Cousins wrote:
> I find that when I map a class to a table I lose the auto-magic
> vaidation provided by FieldProperty when setting attributes.

I bet you that sqlalchemy does some evil class hacking. Actually, I gotta
check this out. :-) Yeah, from looking at the mapper.py module, I can see
that really weird things happen there. They overwrite attributes left and
right. Man, I love persistent! I wish they would have used it as a base for
their work.

Google me. "Zope Stephan Richter"