[Zope3-Users] using zope.testing's testrunner outside of zope

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Thu Jan 31 01:16:24 EST 2008

On Wednesday 05 December 2007, Chris Withers wrote:
> I've come to realise that a lot of the python packages I've developed
> for use outside of zope (twiddler and mailinglogger spring to mind) rely
>   on zope.testing and work best with the testrunner in zope.testing.
>
> What's the best way to use this in a non-zope environment?

If you use buildout, there is a recipe for creating a test runner. See

http://svn.zope.org/zope.kgs/trunk/?rev=83325

for a good example.

> Also, what's the best way to indicate in setup.py that my package needs
> zope.testing for the tests?

There is a "test" option, where you can list all packages that should be
installed for testing. See

http://svn.zope.org/zope.component/trunk/setup.py?rev=81358&view=auto

Google me. "Zope Stephan Richter"