[Zope3-Users] Copying Objects from/in the ZODB

Tim Cook timothywayne.cook at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 14:15:03 EDT 2008

Hi All,

Another basic question but I can't seem to find the easy way to do this.

I have a group of instances stored in the ZODB.  They are basically
skeletons that I want to copy, edit and store as new instances elsewhere
in the ZODB.  In Zope2.x this was fairly obvious to me.  Using the ZCA
it isn't so obvious.  Is there a class I should be inheriting from to do
this or do I need to provide a copy method in the class itself?

If the later; are there any good examples?

Thanks,
Tim

Join the OSHIP project.  It is the standards based, open source
healthcare application platform in Python.
Home page: https://launchpad.net/oship/
Wiki: http://www.openehr.org/wiki/display/dev/Python+developer%27s+page