[Zope3-Users] How to configure zope to map ~foo to foo/public_html?

Peter Sabaini peter at sabaini.at
Thu Jun 5 04:32:14 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 04 June 2008 22:21:02 Philip Johnson wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am a Plone/Zope newbie who is redesigning my old traditional
> apache-style website to use Plone 3/Zope 3.  This has been a
> delightful process in general.

I'm confused -- is it Zope3 or Plone3? AFAIK Plone still runs on Zope2?

> Though I am content to have most of my old URLs become invalid, I
> would like to retain my current user directories.
>
> Is there some simple way to configure Zope such that URLs like
> http://www.example.org/~foo/index.html are mapped to the user foo's
> public_html/index.html file?

Are you talking about user foo's $HOME/public_html/ dir, as in, on a physical
filesystem or the users' folder in the ZODB?

If the former, you're probably best off with serving them from Apache,
probably by Rewriting some URLs to be served from the FS and some from Plone.

hth,
peter.