[Zope3-Users] How can I get a viewlet's docstring from within a viewlet manager?

Andreas Johnsen andreas.johnsen at bouvet.no
Sat Jun 14 04:07:14 EDT 2008

Hei,

Let's say I have defined 'class MyViewlet(viewlet.ViewletBase)' and registered it with the <browser:viewlet> directive. The class 'MyViewlet' has a docstring. How can I get this docstring from the render() method in a viewlet manager?

In the viewlet manager the viewlet instance is an instance of 'zope.viewlet.metaconfigure.MyViewlet' and not my class 'MyViewlet'. Is there a path from 'zope.viewlet.metaconfigure.MyViewlet' to the class 'MyViewlet' or any other suggestions on how to get the docstring defined in my class from a viewlet manager?

Best regards,

Andreas