[Zope3-Users] query all objects in catalog

Robert Marianski rmarianski at openplans.org
Thu Mar 6 14:18:18 EST 2008

On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 02:11:40PM -0500, Gary Poster wrote:

> On Mar 6, 2008, at 1:42 PM, Robert Marianski wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to query a zope3 catalog for all objects that have been
>> indexed? I see that there is a way to ask an index for the number of
>> documents it currently has indexed, via documentCount() in the
>> IStatistics interface, but I can't a good way get back all objects that
>> have been indexed.
>
> The intid utility kinda sorta does what you want, depending on how careful
> you were in your intid use.

I was using grok, so however that set it up. The intid utility did
indeed have all the objects, but it had more objects than were indexed
with the catalog ... so I would have to filter them out myself. Not sure
if that's what you mean.

> zc.catalog's extents do exactly what you want, but it doesn't sound like
> you are using that right now.

I'm not familiar with extents, I'll give them a look. Thanks.

Robert