[Zope3-Users] Re: [Zope-dev] Zope 3.4.0 candidate 1 Released

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Thu Mar 27 13:40:59 EDT 2008

--On 27. März 2008 18:26:01 +0100 Kurt Zitze <Garz at gmx.net> wrote:

> if you want to raise the userbase of zope, the first and most obvious
> thing to do is, get a forum running! mailing lists are bu******* and
> completly out of date. it is max cumbersome to login into your email
> account to do a post and so on, i think i dont need to enumerate all the
> disadvantages of a mailing list compared to a forum. i am even not aware
> of how to replay to a certain message with this mailing list. why make it
> difficult if it could be easy? just get a forum and you have done 50% of
> the things you could do to improve the development experience with zope.

Almost all open-source projects use email and mailinglist for communiction.
At least developers and advanced users use this media. That's why you won't
see advanced users in web-based forums. Means the web forums are often
ghetto for newbies. If you need a web forum so you're free to open an. But
I would expect that not  a lot of the competent people are interested in
dealing with yet another support channel. Sorry, but mailinglists are the
primary information and support channel in the open-world...there were you
meet the experts.

Andreas