[Zope3-Users] Re: [Zope-dev] Zope 3.4.0 candidate 1 Released

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Mar 27 14:19:56 EDT 2008

Hey,

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 6:57 PM, Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org> wrote:
[snip]
>   From your argument about cumbersone logins to mail accounts it
>  appears you dislike mailing lists because you use some free web-based
>  email provider. Well, get a real email account and use it with a real
>  email client, and all that will be gone.

Alternatively, you can use gmane.org and a news client (Thunderbird is
one) to read mailing lists. Many of the mailing lists, including this
one, are already available (this one is
gmane.comp.web.zope.zope3.user). Once you need to write to one, you do
still need to sign up to it, but you can set up your mailman
subscription to not send any messages.

On the rest of your rant, I agree that the beginner experience for
Zope 3 is suboptimal. Work is slowly progressing towards a new website
for Zope. As an alternative you might like to look at Grok
(grok.zope.org), which is based on Zope 3 as well but may be somewhat
easier to get started with. That said, our documentation is far from
complete yet, and we don't have a forum either. :)

Regards,

Martijn